Heat is applied, as means of treatment, for thousands of years, by taking as a method different forms. We know that the ancient Egyptians, the Native Indians, and even the Maya made use of Lithotherapeia (therapy with stones).
The Hot stones massage is a massage method, which takes advantage of the healing power of hot stones and which combines the technique of massage with the therapeutic properties of the oils and essential oils. It is a deeply relaxing and therapeutic technique, which is especially helpful in easing muscle tension and in reducing stress. The stones absorb and retain the heat, give calm, regulate blood circulation and nervous system.
The benefits of hot stones massage:
- It balances the energy flow in the body.
- It regulates the blood circulation and oxygen flow.
- It relaxes the nervous system while stimulates the lymphatic system
- It, immediately, relieves stiff muscles and backaches.
- It helps in the elimination of toxins from the body, allowing the skin to breathe.
- It has therapeutic effects in cases of arthritis and sciatica while it relieves arthritic pain.
- It helps you to fight stress, insomnia, depression and emotional phases.
The session of Hot Stone massage is especially enjoyable for those who love the heat, but also for everyone else. During the winter season, where the body is clamped to face the cold, hot stones massage helps the body to relax and to rest in depth. During summer, hot stone massage is ideal, so that the body can adapt to external high temperatures.